Note: Please assume that all links below are affiliate links, meaning I will get a commission on purchases made. That said, I’m keenly aware that if I suggest something that sucks you won’t ever come back to check out my blog again, and that I’ll only be hurting my own reputation. So that’s why I’ve selected the best of the best of what I know, and included only those services in my descriptions below. Thanks – TF
So you are starting to get some traffic to your videos, blog posts, facebook messages, etc…
How do you actually build a business out of that? Here’s how…
3 Steps to Build Your Following
STEP 1: Setup your WEBSITE
(you may already have this done – ideally a WordPress-driven Blog)
1. Buy a domain and hosting from HostMonster: http://www.hostmonster.com/track/domainsandhosting
2. Install WordPress (done through HostMonster Cpanel, very easy)
3. Use a free theme, or else do what I did and Purchase and install Thesis Theme (suuuper easy to use!): http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=198392&u=504021&m=24570&urllink=&afftrack=
4. (optional in beginning; mandatory once you’re running) Setup Google Analytics; use an @Gmail.com account to login, ideally an @Gmail.com account that isn’t your personal account (create a new @GMail.com account if necessary). Go to http://www.google.com/analytics (and once you’ve got it started up, install your tracking script to your Thesis cpanel in WordPress).
STEP 2: Setup your Lead Capture
5. Open an Aweber account: http://www.aweber.com/?324550
6. Create a “Success” Page on your WordPress website, for example www.yoursite.com/success. On this page it should simply say: “Thanks for subscribing. Check your email inbox for your free report… enjoy!”
7. In Aweber, designate this page (www.yoursite.com/success) as the “Success” page people are automatically sent to when they confirm their subscription to your list. This way people will see the “Success Page” and know to check their email inbox for the report. This helps them to avoid getting frustrated when they can’t find the report
STEP 3: “Sell the opt-in”
8. Create an information product that incentives people to enter their name and email address. Must be a compelling info product that is worth money (although you will give away for free). People don’t act on “sign up for my newsletter!” anymore… you now need to “sell the opt-in” to get people into your database. Think: how can you give away $100 worth of information for free?
9. Upload this to your Aweber account; to do this, go to Messages > Follow-Up > select your first follow-up message… open it up… add your free info product as an attachment on your initial “Follow-Up” message… this way people will automatically get your free info product for signing up to your list… with no extra work for you!
It’s GO Time!
Now get goin! It’s time to build your list…